Yes, FTP function is available in all models of DVR. Through this function all recording can be transferred on server PC when DVR comes in the same WiFi zone of server.
Some highlights of FTP functions are:
• Transfer recorded video from MDVR to FTP server.
• Automatic video feed transfer over WiFi, as soon as the MDVR detects the configured WiFi network.
• The system automatically shall detect new recordings (files) and uploaded on FTP. Already uploaded files will not get copied.
• More efficient way to backup recorded videos.
• No need to take out SD card from MDVR for backup.
• No need to worry about limited storage limit.
• Reduces risk of data lost.
• Scheduled backup option is available.
FTP Server Configuration procedure:
Simply follow the following 10 easy steps
1. Install and configure MDVR server as illustrated in the M-DVR user manual.
2. Download and install FileZilla server from https://filezilla-project.org/.
3. Open FileZilla application, go to edit>>>users>>>general, click on ‘add user’ to create username and password.
4. Go to shared folders>>>select the folder where you want to save the recording files (its recommended to allocate an empty drive for the recording and name the folder, for example E:\Mdvrftp)
5. Go to edit>>>settings>>>passive mode settings>>>add the port range from 11001-110040>>>>select ‘use the following IP’ and enter 127.0.0.1 as illustrated in below.
6. Now go to ‘FTP over TLS settings’ and enable it.
7. Open MDVR server application, go to server setting>>>FTP Config, and fill details of FTP server like FTP IP (local IP of the computer), FTP port-21, FTP username and password and click save.
8. Now login MDVR_CMS, go to config>>>select device>>>FTP upload.
9. You can choose to upload selected video recording files, go to transport config>>>select the time slot, channel number, network mode and click on save.
10. Go to the path which is allocated in step 4 to check the recording files.